Translate

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Smoothie Bowl Recipe #1

Hey Friends!

I know it's been a while since I last posted. A lot has happened in my life over the past year. I tore my ACL, had surgery to repair it, went through the rehabilitation process and then went through a 9 month yoga teacher training which I just completed in June. It's been quite a busy year! I'm looking to slow things down this year hopefully and focus more of my energy on doing the things I love, so to kick things off I'm giving you a smoothie bowl recipe!

I love food, especially fruit, and with all of the inspiration on instagram I had to give it a shot. I've always made smoothies, but I'm relatively new to making these smoothie bowls (and definitely new to trying to make them look pretty.) 

So without further ado, here it is:

Smoothie Recipe:
Blueberries
Blackberries
A few peach slices
Half of a sweet potato
Half of a banana
Spinach
Almond milk
Ice (only if none of your ingredients are frozen)
The Rest:
Vanilla Greek Yogurt w/ Chia seeds
Vanilla, coconut & pumpkin seed granola (from Cascadian Farm)
Peanut Butter
a few extra blueberries

And... in case you are wondering I put the peanut butter in a ziploc bag, cut off the corner and squeezed it out like icing to get it to swirl like that. Also... I only did that for the photo! Before I devoured it I mixed it all up with my spoon! 

I am also posting these with the recipes on instagram if you want to follow me there! 
@urdhva_shaynasana


Namaste Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment